View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #72
Ron.
Evangelist
Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, LookBook, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I think the book, with it's constant repetition of the phrase, "So it goes," is a lot more enjoyable if you consider it as a sort of prose/poetry hybrid. Think of the phrase as a lyrical device, a motif, a chorus or refrain, if you will, then sit back and let the dark music wash over you.
I think my biggest complaint about the book is that I could of cared less what happened to any of the characters in it, it didn't really feel like there was much of a plot or story at all. There seemed to be no point to the book, not trying to degrade a book I know many people love, I just didn't get it...
Ron. is offline   Reply With Quote