View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 12:22 AM   #59
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
It's only frustrating because you make it so. You're already jumping to Moon Reader and Calibre Companion when what you need is a file manager.

If you install a third party file manager, you wouldn't need manufacturer and firmware specific instructions on how to move files from internal memory to SD card. You could use instructions/tutorials for the app which are easier to find than various manufacturer skin+firmware specific ones. Older versions of Android don't come with built-in file managers so one would've needed to install a third party file manager on those anyway. I've used Android since the Android 2.2 Froyo days hence, ES File Explorer Pro is an automatic install on my Android devices.
This apparent limitation in knowledge is why I previously suggested to buy a fast SD card (UAHS1) and follow the advice given previously by Dopeangel. Then he wouldn't have to worry about internal memory versus SD card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
If you are on Android N I would recommend following this video and converting your sd card to internal storage. The limitation is that you will have to treat the SD card as part of the phone from then on you won't be able to just take it out and use it another device
https://youtu.be/_7tkrFzM1Gg
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote