View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 08:38 PM   #55
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I was thinking of the TRS 80 as having a tape drive.
I wonder what tiny amount of data was stored on a cassette tape compare to what can fit on today's huge-capacity SD cards.... Of course 30 or 40 years from now today's cards will no doubt seem tiny compared to whatever storage capacity is available by then.
OIC. I don't know about the TRS, one way or the other.

Not only were the tape drives slow, but this "no-name" system that I had, at least, had sequential, not random access. Not that this "no-name" machine "needed" for the tape drive to have that--it had all of its memory and storage onboard, if I'm not mistaken. The only thing that the cassette drive did was load the program that you wanted to use (you had to do this every time that you wanted to use the program, too; and some times it would take a while, depending upon the complexity of the program). But once you had the program loaded, you could keep running it . . . well, basically forever. There were some times when I would load Space Invaders once and play it for hours at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I hope you can get some things moved on your phone. I have hooked mine up to my PC a few times to move or copy things like pictures - it's easy to do.

I don't know why you didn't see any lower storage numbers after you removed some things. That doesn't seem right.
Thanks. I haven't tried the PC route yet. I think that there has to be a way to move files and folders quickly from internal to SD, or SD to internal using just the phone. And I'm going to find it.

Yeah, I'm still bumfuzzled about how nothing seemed to change after I uninstalled several apps. There's probably a simple answer that I just haven't discovered for myself or learned from someone else. But it's frustrating for now.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-15-2018 at 08:40 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote