View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 07:28 PM   #53
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
I had forgotten about the TRS-80 until you mentioned it. I never owned one. Wasn't it pretty much contemporaneous with the Commodore 64? Anyway, the science teacher who I mentioned was a significant factor in me going with the Commodore; another friend, who came along later, was big on Commodores, and helped me a lot, too. So Commodore it was.

You may have been asking if the TRS-80 is the no-name computer that I owned prior to owning the Commodore. If so, no the TRS-80 wasn't. I may have mentioned in my post that it was a time when there were lots of "no-name" companies trying to produce the definitive desktop computer; the company that produced this one was just one of the many. I don't remember the name that the manufacturer stuck on the machine, but it definitely wasn't Commodore anything or TRS anything. When the dust settled, though, there was basically only Commodore and, as you mentioned, TRS-80. That's my recollection of history

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-15-2018 at 07:31 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote