View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 07:08 PM   #52
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Actually it is Nougat.
Okay, Nougat it is.

From the research that I did, though, Nougat (Android 7) was released in August 2016; Oreo (Android 8) was released in August 2017. So, then, if you "just got it (the phone)," why wouldn't it have to be an Android 8?

But I wondered this--maybe those dates above were the dates when the versions were first released, and that for a while, both versions co-existed? In other words, there was an overlap when both Nougat phones and Oreo phones were sold? So, you could (for whatever reason) get/have gotten a Nougat phone long after Oreo's release?

Aside from calendar issues, as I mentioned before some things on your phone, and vice versa, simply aren't the same as on my Nougat phone. Other than not finding things on my phone, that are on your phone, and vice versa, what makes me think that I have a Nougat is that Settings > System > About phone > Software info says that my Android version is 7.0 (so, Nougat).

As I mentioned, while a lot of things seem not to be the same on your phone as mine (Android versions), enough are that I think that I can work through some of the issues, and manage to get a few (more) files transferred to the SD card. And I still need to coopt some of the things that were in the other posts.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-15-2018 at 07:34 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote