View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 09:04 AM   #11
Xianxia
Zealot
Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xianxia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverqueennie View Post
crunchyroll is doing well with it, but i'm not so sure about sites like Wattpad and others......

Netflix is the full subscription business with premium content, and I'd argue they make more money with full subscription than freemium
Different strategies for different types of entertainment.

I don't expect Wattpad to abandon free and put up a full paywall like Netflix.
That would destroy reader base.

Crunchyrolly can't do full paywall like Netflix either because many anime fans will just turn to piracy. Even Netflix exclusive shows are highly pirated.

Spotify is doing well with freemium.

Quote:
As of July 2017, Spotify had 60 million paying subscribers worldwide, up from 30 million paying subscribers in March 2016
Free will gain more users. Some of them will convert into paid.

Pandora Radio is also freemium.

Last edited by Xianxia; 12-27-2017 at 09:07 AM.
Xianxia is offline   Reply With Quote