Thread: $13 eReader?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #149
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
The problem is it doesn't actually read epubs, as the Guardian article states, it stores and displays them as highly rendered bitmaps - it's essentially a bitmap viewer (and can only store a maximum of five).
I delete books on completion, and so this limit might work for me -- at least if it is five big books. But could it be that for an 800 page Victorian novel, the limit is really one? And how long would it take to load that one book? And how long would it take to load a bunch of newspapers each morning, as I am currently doing with my Kindle Keyboard, and did before the Kindle era with Palm PDA's? News reading is just as important to me as book reading.

My guess, after my last post, was that if thousands are sold, the device will be rather limited. But if millions are sold, the open source community will find workarounds.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 11-27-2012 at 06:26 AM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote