View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 11:36 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbloom View Post
"Also, the human brain, for argument's sake, is about 40,000 years old.
In all this time it has not been updated. In other words, whereas hardware and software on our computers gets updated on a continual basis, our brains have remained basically the same for a long time."
I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbloom View Post
"I am an optimist about the future, because I think we will adapt. We are amidst such change, we cannot know how the brain will change and what form it will take in the next 50 years. By 2050, it might be 90 percent non-biological."
Wait what? Contradict yourself much. Oh, wait he say's the brain will change because we become cyborgs in 50 years. I don't think so.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote