View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 07:06 PM   #9
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Technically under rules of xhtml any tag can be self-closing but since there is no xhtml5 spec, and since the wording for the how html5 is supported under xhtml parsing rules in epub3s is not clearly specified, it seems a legal but strange decision by Apple to use it. Also given how many webkit derived browsers exist and support epub3 e-readers use them, it really makes no sense in my humble opinion to ever produce epub code that can not be clearly interpreted in all settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghartwig View Post
I totally agree. It destroys normal formatting. That's the first thing I have to change on all my files.

Thanks to Doitsu for helping elaborate on the problem. It was quite a shock when I first opened an ePub file from the new version and I didn't see any reports from anyone else yet.

Nice explanation of the situation here: Why don't self-closing script tags work?

If self-closing script tags are illegal and/or not recommended, should someone open a ticket with Apple to have them change that?
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote