View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 11:28 AM   #33
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I wonder if there is a way to have reader-specific CSS code, some rules that would be applied only by ADE, or only by Calibre... that would allow to work around known bugs or limitations.
Actually, the OPS spec almost provides such a thing. Check out the section on OPS Inline XML Islands. If AdobeDE correctly handles <ops:switch/> elements (I'm not sure that it does) and there's a non-default required-namespace it considers itself to handle (which I don't know what would be), then you can use that to <link/> in an AdobeDE-specific stylesheet. Hiding alternate <ops:case/> elements from renderers which don't understand it may be a bit of a challenge, but I think should be possible without too much kludgery.

Semi-alternatively, I'm planning to add <ops:switch/> pre-processing to Calibre e-book generation. So if you need to tweak the style sheet for Mobipocket, LIT, etc generation, you can specify the tweaking stylesheet right in the markup and just include it as-per-normal in the OPF-manifested book content.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote