View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
stehk
Enthusiast
stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.stehk knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 2
Hey,
I don't really know what your needs and preferences are exactly, but i can give an update on what i did on my android.

I was able to get the java mobipocket reader version running on my android via j2me runner. And actually it did work quite well, but:
1. It didn't remember any saved settings (fullscreen!) after closing it.
2. the ebook and dictionary collection could only be accessed through a root directory created by the j2me runner (although the runner also allows access to the sd card)
so in order to get the ebooks to that directory i had to install blueftp (a java file manager) and use it to transfer my ebooks from the sdcard to that directory. The worst thing about this is, that all your dictioranies take up the space on the root of your android phone- (which applies as long as your android apps can't be installed on the sdcard directly)

so althogether i gave up on this (but it's generally possible to port j2me to android- just google
if someone wants to do that i think it could work quite well)

I now use Fora dictionary together with fbreader (which accesses fora for instant lookup and can read prc and mobie usually quite well) and converted most of my dictionaries to stardict (mobi2html)- which is tedious and you'll loose some formatting and inflections
stehk is offline   Reply With Quote