View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 05:20 PM   #8
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
The open source code for the paperwhite 3 stuff is here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=200203720

I followed amazons directions with the cross compiler and built the linux package inside of it.

To get the USB storage drivers, I had to add the following to the .config that get created after running thier configuration command:
CONFIG_SCSI
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE

I actually ran the amazon supplied build command first. Then added these to the .config and re-ran it, so I would get the names of the .ko kernel modules while watching the output of the build script, since it didn't re-build everything.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote