View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #62
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@BetterRed - back in step 1 of the wizard there is a "Fields..." button. Use this to define what columns in the library you are going to be importing values into, so that it appears as a column in the second step of the wizard.
Thanks Kiwidude,

Aaah, I see my blunder I switched from using a list and a RegEx to a CSV, with columns Author, Title, FixCover - I didn't flip the Author & Title column numbers.

There is in fact no need for me to import values, the books are presented in 'marked:imported_list', which is sort of what I expected to happen, but I never got that far. From there I can do a bulk edit to change the Fix Cover column to True.

But if I did want to import a Yes/No column (where Undefined is allowed) then what values do I put in the CSV - 'Y'/'N'/' ', True/False/Null, Yes/No/Undefined... No matter what I tried the column would always show as 'No' in Preview and all the books would be a Mismatch. Which made me think it was using the column as part of its matching process.

Happy to work up a sample if required.

One, hopefully small, Change Request - In the Step 2 could we have an option to Display - All Books, Matching Books or Non-Matching Books

Two, maybe not too hard, Change Request - would it be possible to add a new method of importing the list. This would be a list of Calibre Library File Paths as in

Code:
E:\Calibre Libraries\Workshop\Bill Bloggs\Temple Bar Tales (58)\cover.jpg
E:\Calibre Libraries\Workshop\Bill Bloggs\Chancery Towers Downfall (54)\cover.jpg
E:\Calibre Libraries\Workshop\Olivia Waters\Hard Times at the FT (53)\Hard Times at the FT - Olivia Waters.pdf
E:\Calibre Libraries\Workshop\Suzanne Peters\The Giant Squid is Dancing (69)\The Giant Squid is Dancing - Suzanne Peters.mobi
How would I 'get such a list' - via Windows Search or Spotlight, from an 'image' matching program that finds similar covers...

At the moment I use Notepad++ macros to massage the list into a CSV file, which I feed into Import List, which applies its fuzzy logic to match the csv rows to the Calibre database which works most of the time, but... I'm sure you can intuit what I'm thinking

BTW this PI is a work of art, it should be hung up at Tate Modern for the next Turner Prize

Thanks

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-17-2013 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Add Change Request
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote