View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
lacol
lacol began at the beginning.

Device: dr1000s (dead), dr800sg
Exclamation WARNING: Avoid DR800S on PICKABOOK

Last February, I found that the online library www.pickabook.co.uk listed the Irex DR800S, brand new, at about 240$ CAN. Their inventory listed only one item remaining. Knowing that Irex's are no longer being manufactured, I thought that this was probably my last chance to get a DR800S or DR800SG, new, at a reasonnable price. And since my research concluded that pickabook seemed like a serious reputable business, I placed my order with them.

Two weeks later I received my order. Imagine my disapointement when I realized that what they'd sent me WAS NOT AN IREX DR800S, But instead an average six inch screen ELONEX EBOOK 621EB, a device that is of absolutely no interest to me whatsoever.

I promptly sent then an e-mail explaining the situation and requesting that they either send me the device I actually ordered, or give me a full refund of my purchase price.

Today, a whole week later, I have received absolutely no communication from them whatsoever. Worse, I realized during the week that they now list three more brand new DR800S' in their inventory, something that I find hard to believe since they are no longer being manufactured. My belief is that these three items are actually NOT DR800S', but ELONEX EBOOKs similar to the device I received, but falsly listed as DR800S'. Whether this false listing is intentional or not remains to be determined. Today I sent them another e-mail, arguing that a week was plenty of time for any serious business to at least get back to a customer, and again asking what they intend to do about the situation. I'll keep you posted.

I'm not in the habit of badmouthing a business on online forums, but still I felt it appropriate to at least warn people about my bad experience, and to advise them to at least consider delaying their purchase decision if they were considering buying a DR800S from pickabook.
lacol is offline   Reply With Quote