View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 01:09 PM   #73
maximus83
Addict
maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, PW4, Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sure, I know what the guidelines say. Just commenting that, on an eInk Kindle, you can use the “Back” button to return to the point from which you jumped to a footnote.
I didn't clarify when I made the earlier comment, I was using an Android phone. In my phone, there's not a 'back' button per se. If you click the Android "back" on the screen, it takes you completely out of the book so that's a no-go in itself. In the Android Kindle app though, I noted with some books when you hop to the footnote (if it doesn't open as a popup in the page), there's a tiny little window below the footnote content, and if you click THAT, it'll go back to the original location. That's a pretty effective approach. However, I've noticed different experience with different books. Sometimes that little window doesn't appear either, and in that case, if I tap the little location slider where the button currently is, that seems to take you back to original. This is all a bit wonky how footnotes work 3 different ways across different books (these are THEIR books, not ones that I've messed with).
maximus83 is offline   Reply With Quote