View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 06:59 PM   #65
maximus83
Addict
maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maximus83 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, PW4, Android
So, as I'm cleaning up my old Kindle library books and consolidating external books into Azon docs, I've run into a few relatively minor issues. Here's one I haven't figured out the workaround yet.

With 1 book in my original Kindle library, when trying to deliver them to other devices (My Kindle for PC app, and my Android phone), why would you get a message like "This book is incompatible with this device." Basically, one of my old collections is a large set of juvenile fiction that my daughter had bought when in middle school. I'm trying to clean up and remove them from my library, liberate and convert to Mobi in Calibre, and hand back to her so she can upload her own books into her own Amazon account. With this one book, it won't deliver to other devices but says it will deliver if you connect a Kindle device.

Is this likely because this book uses the KFX format, and for some reason my Kindle for PC app and Android phone cannot handle that? My Kindle for PC app is intentionally not the latest version, because the slightly dated version enables me to still DeDRM my Kindle books when needed. That could explain why that book won't deliver to Kindle for PC. But in the case of Android phone, I'm running latest version of android, and latest version of the Kindle app. So, why wouldn't the book be able to deliver to that devices? It would seem crazy to me that Amazon would sell books that you could ONLY read on a Kindle or on the absolute latest version of the PC app.
maximus83 is offline   Reply With Quote