View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 11:40 AM   #6
jonesyb
Enthusiast
jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.jonesyb can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I'd not use any PC Adobe Software. The ADE built into an epub based ereader isn't the same as the PC version.

I first check TOC, page breaks/headings and links are all correct on Calibre Viewer.

Next I check on a Kobo ereader, in epub mode, never kepub.

I only check on apps (Aldiko Classic Android 4.x and Lithium for later Androids) on 4.3" phone, 6" phone and 10" tablet if there is a new style used resulting in a new CSS and maybe different HTML (like if I used a box outline or a table). I'd make a dual Mobi and test on DXG, both modes of KK3 and both modes of PW3 (default and Publisher).

Amazon KDP, Google and Smashword (Smashwords send onward to Apple, Barnes&Noble, Kobo, Scribd) get the same epub. I might test on the Sony PRS-350 and on the Likebook Mars (two apps) if there are new styles.
The dual mobi is also uploaded to Smashwords purely for their own sales to Kindles, as unlike Amazon they can't know what Kindle model someone has.

Amazon KDP works best with epub2 upload, which results in full feature typsetting KFX for those Kindles using it. The docx is next best but not as good results. Don't upload ANY Kindle format to Amazon. There are things sold on Amazon as "Kindle" that don't work on eink, they are for apps and/or the Fire tablet (really an Android tablet with an app). They need either Amazon tools to create, or a big publisher relationship who uses InDesign and has FTP access.

Smashwords use doc if you don't upload dual mobi and epub2 and it isn't converted well. Don't upload epub3 to Google or Smashwords as only some apps fully support it and most eink only partially supports it. An iOS/Android app is better for interactive, sound, video, animation, colour, precise image layout and maths/science.
Some content might need a 8" or larger PDF for fixed layout. I see no reason to do real ebooks with either fixed layout or multimedia-interactive. The ebook on eink is best at mainly text (fiction), perhaps with illustration, basically a simpler version of a paperback that works in 16 shades monochrome even if some images are true colour.
Thank you this is so awesome! Very useful for me
jonesyb is offline   Reply With Quote