View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 12:13 AM   #173
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@melovesflying: See the comments about using LS in the first post.

But AFAIR:
Hmm, keeping the books in the collection on the Kindle side is easy enough (rely on using incremental updates, and do an export in LS before pluging in).
But keeping a full sync with a Calibre column, trickier, since that's incompatible with incremental updates, and I don't even remember how the Kindle -> Custom Column stuff works (being something that I've never used myself).

Might be possible, but doing the same trick without incremental updates will make the the two types (Calibre/LS) of imports/exports slower if you have a large amount of books/collections.

I think some of that stuff is detailed in the first post.

EDIT: It is, briefly. And apparently Yes/No columns are supported for import, so, hey.
Make a backup of your Calibre database just in case, and go for it?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-15-2016 at 12:17 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote