View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 01:41 AM   #36
ChrisC333
Groupie
ChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it is

Device: Acer eM250 Netbook, iTouch, iRiver Story, HP TM2 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecE View Post
Oh, and how nice to know I'm not the only anal retentive here :-)
That's a good insight.

I think that it's really not the method itself that counts so much as matching the right one to the correct personality. If it floats your boat to have multiple solutions to cover every conceivable eventuality then there's doubtless a great deal of pleasure to be had with tinkering with your system, polishing and fine tuning it all. It's all good.

But if that isn't your style, then it can be just a pain in the arse and an outlay of time, money and effort for not all that much return. If I lost every book on this computer right now I could get them all back from the Internet fairly quickly and easily. Some I wouldn't bother with (they can stay right there on someone else's server....) and if there were any actual losses, well "c'est la vie" - there's plenty more to buy and read.

The extent to which I still do back stuff up probably just reflects my current rating on the Anal Retentive Scale. And the older I get the more my ARS slips.

Chris
ChrisC333 is offline   Reply With Quote