Thread: Citing Websites
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 04:08 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
I often have occasion to cite websites, which in an ebook causes great stumbles in justification. Can I head this off by going something like this:

www.something/*something/*something.htm

So www.something/something/something.htm would break after any blackslash (or full stop, for that matter)?

I suppose I could do much the same by calling for ragged-right in bibliographies, but that wouldn't handle the occasional very long url.

Thanks!
There are no backslashes in your example, only slashes. I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Are you wanting to show the user the URL or are you wanting to be able to follow the URL. You can always place it on a line by itself and then reference it to avoid inadvertent wraps.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote