View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 06:19 PM   #22
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The only thing I see seriously wrong is the lack of a cover. A slip cover is not going to be all that wonderful.
I don't doubt that they'll ship this with a proper cover. It's clear from the shots that there are holes for attaching a cover on the left side. I think the only reason they are showing it without the cover is to emphasize how thin it is, which is important because it is so large in all the other dimensions (compared to the Sony Reader, for instance).

BTW Thanks andybaby for the sizemodo. Nicely done. I think the PRS-700 is shorter than the 500/505 though, because it doesn't have the nav buttons. Any chance of cooking up a similar sizemodo for those?

Man I hope that this comes in other colors. I think there's a good chance that Amazon leaked these pics themselves to generate some buzz for the press conference, and if that's true they'd be smart to have a "one more thing" ready. I'm hoping that surprise (in addition to Kindle books being available on iPhone and Blackberry) is that this unit comes in at least one other color. Hopefully dark blue.

At this point that's the only reason I haven't ordered it yet. If it's not available in other colors, the first thing I'm going to do is send it to colorware. Well, actually I'd just do it myself because I wouldn't want to spend $200 on a paint job. But you get my drift; the Kindle needs a little Krylon lovin'.

Last edited by weatherman; 02-07-2009 at 06:24 PM.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote