View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 04:43 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
There is a plugin built into calibre that will modify the PDF metadata in the book when the book is exported from the library using the Save to disk or Send to device features.
I only want one copy of a 'format' on my system, the one in the Calibre Library directory, and I want the embedded metadata in the format files be the same as what I have entered into the metadata database.

Can I use the built in 'plug in' to update the Library copy of the PDF in situ. Currently I manually go through a Save to Disk, Remove from Library, Add from Disk, Delete from Disk cycle - which is prone to my errors and my omissions. I do the same for RTF's.

I think I know why this is not an issue for many (most ?) Calibre Users - they don't use external content search tools such as Spotlight, Recoll or Windows Search.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote