View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
That said we've read postings from a Kobo employee which state that the device will charge from a regular 0.5 amp It's just that the indicator light won't go on and, obviously, it'll take eight hours to charge instead of two. Which basically means that if it's plugged in while you are using it it will only keep the battery roughly at the level it current is at.

BTW I keep meaning to test charging of the Vox from a laptop port. I'll do my best to remember to do that today.
I just tried it using the Kobo Touch micro USB connector over night. Not only did the Vox not charge it dropped from 40% charge to 20% over night even though it was in sleep mode.

Later: This was on my laptop USB port.

Last edited by TonyToews; 11-12-2011 at 06:03 PM.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote