View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 03:30 PM   #395
luisdent
Enthusiast
luisdent began at the beginning.

Device: kindle oasis 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Are you able to reproduce this with a KePub from Kobo (downloaded on the Libra, not passed through calibre)?

None that I'm aware of, but if one exists davidfor may know about it.

In calibre the KePub is stored with the extension '.kepub', but the Kobo device doesn't recognize that. On the Kobo device you need to have the extension '.kepub.epub'.

Are images in pop-ups even supported on Kobo devices? Do they work in another KePub from Kobo (not a normal ePub, that uses a different rendering engine)?
Awesome. Thanks. I noticed that the books on the device were kepub.epub. I didn't realize calibre was renaming them transfer.

I've downloaded a bunch of free books from the official kobo store that are kobo classics. So far i've notice a few things. The table of contents is more basic, and the header and footer stat/information when reading looks correct.

I didn't notice this before, but the side loaded book converted with calibre has a weird glitch with the header info as well. It will sometimes show the chapter name and pages or percent depending on the setting, but as you read, the chapter name will dispensary after you change pages, and the numbers are super inconsistent.

If I read chapter XIII and read a few pages and then back up a few pages to the end of chapter XII, it will actually jump back to an earlier chapter. I'm starting to wonder if it is mostly due to the book and/or conversion. Almost as though certain sections of the book don't have a clear formatting and that is causing issues? But then it is working at the moment. After flipping through pages back and forth through the whole book it just randomly "fixed" itself and is now working even where it wasn't before.

The header is still wonky, but the bookmarks appear to be working. So i have no idea what causes the issue in the first place.
luisdent is offline   Reply With Quote