View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 03:40 AM   #8
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: Samsung S6 tab, Kobo Sage, AURA One, Mini
Aleksandr,

Bad news. I checked some of the serial backups of my kobo going back to firmware 1.9.5 and I have NO covers that do not have at least a slight margin on the right edge. Most have margins on the left, right and top. Only the Kepubs have full covers and I am sure they are downloaded separately to the Kepub files since when those books are downloaded and installed as Adobe DRM files you get a different, more generic cover!

I also found out that previous to firmware version 1.9.5, the kepub covers were in color. After 1.9.6, they are also in B/W like side loaded book covers.

I think that currently the best you can do is to add a small white border to the cover to mask the slight (in some cases) margin that is added.

I will try and experiment with different cover settings and will get back with the best cover to border settings I find.

You can always go the hard route and replace the 355x530 file with your cover directly on the Kobo. That works as I am using a custom file for the book I am currently reading. However, this is a pain to do every time.

Larry J

P.S.

All the thumbnails I have looked at have that small "1" in the corner?

LJ
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote