View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 07:13 AM   #42
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I don't like downloading. The two things I would like most are page turn buttons and enough memory to hold all my large library and a file management system that makes it easy to organize and find my books (I want to be able to organize my books so they show in the order I choose like my physical bookshelf). At a minimum search by author, title, genre, series and tag then be able to select my search result and open that book. And the ability to edit author, title, genre, series and tag within the app so I can easily change the tag from uread to read after finishing.
And the ability to open any format non-DRM book (the DRM I can take care of myself) with the same reader app so I only need one app.

I would be willing to forfeit lighted screens, waterproofing, internal searches of words in books so no indexing needed, 4G connectivity (I never even use Wi-Fi), all social junk like common highlights.

Mostly the physical part of the ereaders are good enough aside from buttons and lack of enough memory but the software is lacking in adequate file management.

Last edited by crossi; 10-24-2015 at 07:22 AM.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote