View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 10:15 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi Toxaris,

Thanks for that link. I am not a fan of using xslt, and to tell you the truth getting the nav to support multiple levels is quite easy. Also, that version does not parse the guide elements in the opf to create the landmarks so I'll stick with what I have now and just improve on it.

Yes, support for inline mathml (even if it is just the presentation subset of mathml) is hard. Assuming you added all of the correct namespaces, it should have worked. I will try playing round with that next just to see how it appears in preview mode and bookview.

Take care,

KevinH
No problem, it was an option. I agree that it is not that complex (at least that part...). The issue with MathML was not so much the support (although it is abysmal), but the failure in honoring the epub:switch. You need that to be able to handle a fallback, but the reading systems either did both the MathML and the image or just the image. It is a bit ironic that the systems that do support MathML do not seem to support epub:switch...
Only Chromium did it correctly IIRC, but there the MathML does not resize together with the font resize.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote