View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #5
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I don't see the similarity, but thanks for the support. I'm always suspicious of people coming in, not saying who they are, and linking to their external polls. A fair few of the surveys show all the signs of having been slapped together and not pilot-tested, and I really wonder what is going on and why exactly they want the information they're trying to solicit.
While it's perfectly possible that students who do not know any better simply try to do a survey that way, there are several more disingenuous reasons I can think of.

Driving traffic to an affiliate link is among the simplest I can think of.

It can range from there all the way to being the beginnings of a long con of some kind.

I like the survey guidline idea. The contact info is key among them. Not just an email address for the poster, but real verifiable contact info to the school department, marketing company, teacher in charge of the project, sponsor, or whomever.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote