View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 02:48 AM   #11
haridasi
Zealot
haridasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enough

Device: irex iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
No ... but, I started another thread about this topic, because I am really curious about how it is enforced. Now, iPods have never been (in this country anyway) such that they would only play music that was purchased. Every iPod I have owned will play any mp3 that I care to stick on it. Period. So, I don't see that any suit by Norway has impacted on my ability to use my iPod as I wish ... I've always been able to do that.

But, I would be curious as to how you would deal with a Norwegian consumer who purchases a product while on vacation ... say in France. And, that product is manufactured in Mexico. Now ... the manufacturer's warranty according to the packaging is one year. OK?? Now .... the Norwegian consumer has problems with his product in year three. So, even though the product was not sold in Norway, and not manufactured in Norway ... you are telling me that the Country of Norway will sue the Mexican manufacturer to enforce a five year warranty??

Well, that's one hell of a country you've got there if that's the case, but your government must spend an awful lot of time in litigation with foreign manufacturers over warranty and other contractual issues.
Ipods will play any mp3 you stick on it. BUT - previously, if you bought a song on ITunes it would only play on an ipod. If you tried to play it on a cd, mobile phones, anything else than your ipod, it wouldn't work.

I probably wouldn't get anywhere if I bought a device in France and took it with me home, unless they sold the device in Norway as well.

And it's not like the council takes on every case (but my experience with them have indeed been excellent and they have taken it seriously).

Last edited by haridasi; 07-31-2008 at 02:53 AM.
haridasi is offline   Reply With Quote