View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
manxam
Enthusiast
manxam can extract oil from cheesemanxam can extract oil from cheesemanxam can extract oil from cheesemanxam can extract oil from cheesemanxam can extract oil from cheesemanxam can extract oil from cheesemanxam can extract oil from cheesemanxam can extract oil from cheesemanxam can extract oil from cheese

Device: Aura HD, Aura One (2nd warranty)
[Android App] Calibre Companion Beta Bug

I just purchased this program to go along with Kovid's excellent calibre program to use along with my Galaxy tab plus running android ics.

I'm currently running calibre .8.64 under osx and while transferring anywhere from 1 to 100 books I get the following error in calibre:

Code:
"error communicating with device:ControlError(None,)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 83, in run
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 478, in _upload_books
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 43, in _synchronizer
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 749, in upload_books
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 409, in _put_file
  File "site-packages/calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 376, in _call_client
ControlError: <unprintable ControlError object>
The screen on the android tablet has not turned off, the wifi is still connected and has not timed out. Calibre Companion still shows "Syncing with calibre".

I have to to go apps and force quit the application, re-enter, connect and then it will re-sync with calibre at which point I can continue. Again, it may transfer 1 book or 100 before the error happens again... Is there a way for me to obtain more detailed logs?

EDIT: Well, I enabled calibre debug mode but now calibre companion just force quits all of the time. I've tried rebooting the tablet to no avail. Should I remove, delete data, and reinstall?

Thanks!
manxam is offline   Reply With Quote