View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonlynn View Post
Looked at B and N yesterday, and I am entirely convinced that the Nook color does nearly what my Ipod touch does, but is meant for book reading, and only has 138 available apps.

This maybe overkill, but does anyone have a Nookcolor, and the 2nd generation Kindle? Nook color can do so much more. Is having 2 too much? I absolutely love the Nook color.
Yes I have a K2 and an nook color. When I first got the nook this Christmas the K2 was a much better reading experience. However Amazon has made many upgrades to the Kindle 4 Android (K4A) app that have made the reading experience much better on the nook.

When I first got my nook I very much perfected reading on the K2, however now I exclusively read on my Android devices(phone/nook).

The one area the nook really falls flat is on battery life and reading outside. You can compensate reading outside by increasing the brightness and reading in the shade, but this then kills the battery life even quicker.

That said they can really work well together if say most of your books are Kindle purchased. Then both devices could utilize whispersync. You could use the nook for reading at home and the kindle for reading about.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote