View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #10
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnFalcon View Post
I'm not really interested in Intel's Atom tablets, I have to admit. The Tegra2-based ones should have far longer battery life, and I'm looking at Android/Linux rather than Windows for my tablet, ty.
I've never even considered an Atom product before, but the new Intel Atom Z6xx series is a different animal altogether.

It promises both power and power savings. And it doesn't even support Windows (initially), but only Android.

Check out this article: Snapdragon Killer? Intel’s Atom Z6 CPUs to Target Smart Phones, Tablets

"... The new CPUs offer strong improvements in endurance, even when using a battery with the same capacity as a standard BlackBerry battery. According to Intel, Atom Z6xx chips achieve:

* 10 days or more of idle power (50x previous Atom CPUs). Intel defines idle as any time a device is on but not in active use. So a phone that periodically gets push e-mail would still be considered idle.
* 2 days (48 hours) of continuous audio playback.
* 5 hours of continuous video playback...."
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote