View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #29
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigran View Post
Yes, you can do that easily. First split the V3update.bin into its constituents using dd:

file=$1
out_dir=$2

rm -rf $out_dir
mkdir -p $out_dir

dd if=$file of=$out_dir/zImage bs=1M count=1 skip=1
dd if=$file of=$out_dir/ro.fs bs=1M count=6 skip=2
dd if=$file of=$out_dir/root.fs bs=1M count=44 skip=8
dd if=$file of=$out_dir/logo bs=1 count=240000 skip=$[1024*1024*52]
dd if=$file of=$out_dir/jffs2.fs bs=1M count=2 skip=53

Then mount ro.fs and root.fs as usual. Then copy their content (only using rsync -AHPSXa rootfs/ myrootfs to preserve the hardlinks correctly). Then, just edit the files (or replace etc etc) and then remake the images like this:

# mkfs.cramfs -v myrootfs myroot.fs

Then remake the V3update.bin like this:

mkv3update --write-hanlin=My-V3update.bin +zImage +myro.fs +myroot.fs +logo +jffs2.fs

(the mkv3update command comes from OI or you can write one yourself as the firmware image layout is well documented on OI webpages)

OK, this works, thanks heaps. I wonder if anyone has figured out the v5 bin file. If it follows this basic format http://openinkpot.org/wiki/Device/V3...are/FileFormat then it's just about the size of each piece I guess.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote