View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
adamas
adamas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
Yes, you can update without Whispernet. A few days after the firmware is released into the wild, it gets posted on the Amazon site (and usually other places ) You simply download, copy to the root of the Kindle and use the menu command to "Update my Kindle" This has been true for the Kindle and the Kindle 2. One has to assume it will be the same for the DX.

I don't know if any updates have been posted yet for the DX, so I can't point you to a URL, sorry.
Thanks a lot for your answer!

The thing is that I went to Amazon, there they got a page named "Kindle Support". Under it there's a section for both Kindle DX and Kindle 2, but there is NOTHING about any updates, firmwares and the like. Search for those words doesn't show anything as well.

So my question is, let's say I want to find an "official" place where they put out firmwares for Kindle 2 (since it's an older device which had a few firmwares). Where would I find that?
In other words it was very weird when I couldn't find the "place" where there supposed to store firmwares (eg: a section named "Firmwares", but empty for now).

But still, it's good to hear that I can at least update via PC, so thanks a bunch!

P.S. Where do they announce when a firmware comes out?
adamas is offline   Reply With Quote