View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by book64 View Post
If my PC needs to be reformatted ( as it freezes a lot on starting ) ... What is saved in my backed up to external calibre folder?
Only I am slowly figuring out columns and genres. Its taking me ages and I should hate to lose them!
Its bad enough in picasa where I lose all my thumbnails
2 Places in their entirety (Single Library )

1) The entire Library folder (the one that contains Metadata.db)

2) the Calibre Configuration Folder (to find: Preference: Miscel...: click the button at the bottom)

That is it:

When you get you new
I like to Install Calibre first (Just accept the generic stuff, it will be replaced)
Locate where the New Configuration directory is (may change due to OS or Username changes)
Quit Calibre fully (Ctrl-Q)
system up:

(Replace if your original used the default name) Place the OLD Library FOLDER.
Start Calibre: don't panic: If the Library path has changed, you need to point Calibre at the new location. Right click The Library Icon: Create/Switch: Use Existing: <browse to location>

That does it
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote