View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #62
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto Zerbino View Post
And I guess I knew *where" the files were saved by default and how to find them, but I would also throw in a vote for an option to save them to the home screen and open/edit them from there- though this added functionality may be too complicated to implement.
displaying them on home screen to open it from there is easy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
next step would be to let Kindle show *.txt files in home screen...
this part is easy, just change the home dir on the sh file: leafpad/bin/leafpad.sh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto Zerbino View Post
As for my final question about editing .sh files, I am a noob, but interested in learning, and not sure where to begin. I know, Google is my friend, but I hoped one of the kind folks here could point me in the right direction...
on windows install a linux friendly text editor like "Programmer's Notepad" or "notepad++" and open .sh files with it. (ie right click on the file and choose the app to open with it)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote