View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #6
jduck
Connoisseur
jduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it isjduck knows what time it is

Device: kindle Fire
Slow bootup is normal. I rarely shut down my Fire because of this and I don't understand why some people routinely do it unless they just don't know any better (not that there are not valid reasons to do it). A quick press of the power button and it's asleep and wakes up instantly.

Lag and decreased battery time do sound like a badly behaved app. badass battery manager has a per-app battery percentage counter that can be great for highlighting this sort of thing.

As for the screen burn-in (which is not really what it is but we know what you mean -- you can faintly see an afterimage of what was on the previous screen), I've read a few reports of it and the fix is to get a replacement from Amazon. It seems to exist to varying degrees on almost all Fires. I've seen it faintly on mine but not very often and not very noticeably.

I don't play videos on mine but there are lots of reasons a video might abort depending on what kind of video it is and how you are accessing it (streaming from amazon, playing from local storage, etc).
jduck is offline   Reply With Quote