View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #20
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Those are common in New Orleans, where they are called alleys. They are paved with small bleached shells instead of gravel.
I recall the nicer ones in NO, Charleston, Savannah and other similar places to have nice tall ornate iron gates that can be locked with modern cylinder locks that have been welded into the old iron.

The less expensive method is just to use a chain and a padlock, though I have actually seen Kryponite bike locks on a few. This is not only to prevent burglaries but to keep the drunks, prostitutes and homeless out as well.

I have been in many a Port City, and they really need locks on their gutters as well to keep the drunks from ending up in them.

What is it about a Port City? Surely not the sailors.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote