View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #59
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Ok, well I posted both debug info, 1 after I get the error, and 1 before. The other weird thing, the windows folder doesn't always close out, and sometimes it opens empty... I have to laugh, this is way beyond me!

When you say 'send to disk', do you mean wifi through connect/share tab? I've not set my Kobo up for wifi with Calibre, I've only used the connect/share to make changes to my iPod I think. I usually just connect through USB, as I mainly use my iPod as a kind of backup for my books.
I usually keep my Kobo in airplane mode so it doesn't connect to my Kobo Desktop. And as I said, I usually connect/charge my Kobo directly to computer.

Hopefully the debug reports will help sort this out. I really am getting worried that it's some silly setting I'm missing or got changed in error. You are all being so helpful, and if nothing else, I've learned a bit about USB's etc. But it just baffles me how it all worked seamlessly for a year, and through 3 different Kobos...
No Calibre has 2 ways to send books to Devices the look like disks. Send to device knows about you device (the driver) and does a lot to help. Send to disk (just uses windows drive letter for the Kobo) will let you send the wrong formats or put them in the wrong place. It treats the device as just another disk. The icon should be on the Tool bar, with or without the device connected (obviously you wont get to choose that drive ) . STD is also useful for loading SD cards that are in a Card reader.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote