View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #50
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Thank you for trying to help...still, again, etc.

I would say from your evaluation that mine are definitely USB1, because my Kobo takes 'awhile' to be recognized, it certainly isn't 'instant'.

Do you think Windows XP could be the culprit? I know it doesn't play nice with my KasperskyAV/IS. But see, again, it doesn't make sense because I didn't have ANY problems with any [all 3] of my Kobos previously...and all were used on this computer.

Did you notice the Kindle error thread I linked in prev. post? Is it a similar enough error that it could point to some Calibre code in general or no? I really shouldn't be guessing, I'm grasping at straws.
It is Grasp straw time
XP (SP3) pays nice with my PEz. I tracked my USB 1 solution by trying to send books (using Explorer). My Dell's and Toshiba Failed (the USB port faulted out and became disabled). I tried the transfer on a Sony laptop (I was showing off my (then) new PEz) and it transferred flawlessly. I poked around the Device manager looking for differences. My dell and Toshiba had 82801series chipsets, the Sony did not. I played around with the USB device settings and discovered the Enhanced mode disable trick.

So, another test (without Calibre running) is to transfer a large file (that will fit) using Explorer and see if there is problems that way.
AFAIK Calibre simply uses Windows to move the file.

The 'driver' simply identifies the device, and features and sets allowed formats and destinations.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote