Thread: PRS-950 strange battery issue
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 03:23 PM   #15
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
I'm sending my device back because in standby mode it doesn't actually go into standby mode and as a result the battery is draining very fast. I'm not sure what caused this to start happening but all my buttons on the device are messed up. Luckily, the touch screen still works so I can still use my device to read while waiting for the replacement unit to arrive. But it's hard to remember not to hit the home button or options button. I don't know why the buttons put the device in standby mode when standby doesn't seem to actually work. To save my battery I'm currently turning off the device when I'm not using it.

but for others with battery drain issues are you turning off the device or going into standby mode? Failed standby could be a culprit.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote