Thread: MobileRead May 2011 Book Club Nominations
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
A classic book does not just have to be in the public domain. So the idea that the definition of a classic as a moldy oldie is just incorrect. Can we have a proper use of the term classic for a change?

I feel we should have a vote on this and decide the use of the term classic as PD only is highly incorrect.
I didn't see the "(in the public domain)" as a definition of a classic; only a further qualification for this month's pick. I agree with you though. Gone With the Wind is certainly a classic, but not yet PD.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote