View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 04:06 AM   #9
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Well here in Australia it appears their reaction is to up the price the Neo from $589AUS to $650AUS. Either their automated currency exchange is not working or they think we will pay that kind of money locally.

Sorry BeBook, but for that money people would opt for an iPad. I guess they don't really care as if someone wants a Neo they will look overseas and BeBook will end up with the sale regardless.
Hi Slicitious, et al,

I too, noted the AUD price when I connected to the BeBook website, and queried whether it was right or not. Part of their response is:

The price is so high because of extra duties and tarrifs in Australia.

My (as yet unanswered) response was in part:

"...our customs people do not levy any duties if the value of the goods is below AUD$1000, and from your email below, there is a suggestion that your online pricing includes the collection of any duties or tariffs on behalf of the Australian Government, presumably to forward to them.

I question the validity of your suggestion and pricing structure, primarily because any tariffs, taxes, import duties, and so on, would be levied against me, not you..."

I immediately started looking at PocketBook models.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote