View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #21
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
Yes light levels on 1-9 are the lowest light levels so your using less battery power. Those of us who can't read under say level 10 are the ones who are using 11 or higher. Those are the same levels the Voyage is brighter right ? So it's true on those levels the voyage is brighter than the oasis 2. I've never had the oasis 1 so can't comment on that one. I don't know about level 24, I've never read on the brightest setting.

Everyone knows reading on the lowest light levels on the Oasis 2 will significantly add to battery life. The flip side is 10 and above using much more power and significantly decreases the battery life.
Thank you for the clarification, it raises some good points for people trying to decide between the tow and people with a Voyage considering a 7" Oasis, but it is not really about which one is brighter. The Oasis can match or exceed the brightness of the Voyage. And yes, for people that read at 11, the Voyage is brighter than the Oasis and that is also when the power to light starts ramping up, but I don't think that is conveyed by saying that the Voyage is brighter than the Oasis.

The light color on the Oasis is less blue. That is an attraction for people trying to get away from blue light, but it might also make the Voyage seem brighter. But one thing people considering the 7" Oasis need to understand is that even though its screen has 36% more area and it takes more power to light up, the Voyage has a 25% larger battery. So by comparison, the Oasis battery can drain much faster than the Voyage battery under the same conditions. Also, with automatic brightness enabled, in office lighting or outside in the shade on a sunny day, the Oasis brightness can shoot up to 22. So people considering the 7" Oasis that like to have the light whiten the screen need to be aware that the battery might run down surprisingly quickly.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote