View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 09:33 PM   #41
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Funny, I've read through this thread and not found any posts that capture why I LOVE my Aura One and have kept my Kindle Voyage on the shelf (and also resisted buying the Oasis).

It's all about the reading experience to me, and that means, I LOVE: Kepubs and the ability to have a header and footer that mimic a paper book; having my book's cover serve as the screensaver (used to be able to do by hacking older Kindle firmwares, but no longer; having amazing control over font size and margin size; and waterproofing (until you've read in a hot tub with a beer or a glass of wine, you haven't lived!)

Yes, the Aura One is marginally slower to respond, and I agree with everyone that the precision of touching is not as good as with the Kindle. But I don't underline or take notes, so I don't care. I do miss X-Ray and Whispersync in the Kindle ecosystem, but not enough to make me give up the pleasures of the Kobo software.

But, as others have said, personal preferences rule the day. I don't notice any particular greater glare (or any glare at all) on the Aura One or on the Kindle Voyage.

Recommend you try to go to a store that stocks each and have a bit of hands on experience. You can read all these posts as much as you like, but no one really knows what matters to you.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote