View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #21
geormes
Groupie
geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Kobo Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I had to issue a refund to the purchaser of my Kobo.

When performing a factory reset to prepare item for shipment, unit is unresponsive. Will not power on. After 5 hours of charging there is no change. Screen is white. Tried performing several hard resets to no avail. I did the paper clip in the back thing and the hold down power switch and home button thing. The device had been powered off for several days (fully charged). I had anticipated selling it when I got my Sony. The factory reset was performed successfully, and it was at the Welcome screen. I decided to turn it on just to make sure it was good to go. I wasn't going to, but something kept prompting me to do it.

After Googling I've discovered that this is common. I can deal with bugs and anticipated firmware updates for missing features. But hardware failure within several days/weeks of purchase is UNACCEPTABLE. I don't know who slapped this crap together, but it's an embarrassment.

I don't recommend buying one of these devices from someone in the United States who purchased from Borders. Someone may try to sell knowing the unit doesn't power on. Be cautious.
I am positive you can get $50 for it!