View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
I took the liberty of cleaning the images in the same way as I did for Alex's "The Woman in White". Now the background is pure white, and the size of the images has been reduced to 2.7 MB. Feel free to use them, or not.
Personally, I like to mess around with mildly eccentric fonts and layouts. Especially for a work like this, which is widely available in other (free) epub editions, I think you should feel free to be as creative as you like in terms of layout.
Following on that, I am going to be wildly inconsistent and pick a few personal nits:
  • What about replacing -- with — ?
  • Having captions on illustrations with the caption in the actual image seems like an unecessary and redundant pleonasm.
  • I render text like in List.gif in an image as a last resort. Any particular reason why you've not rendered it as a table?
  • Lastly, I don't think it really works to have a border around illustrations like this, which have a white background and were borderless in the original.
Good work!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip twain_yankee_img_clean_sbt.zip (2.57 MB, 420 views)

Last edited by SBT; 08-06-2012 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Whoopsie, credited Jellby instead of Alex w. Woman in White....
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote