View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 02:17 PM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
don't waste your money
Most of the cloud functionality is broken now and the new developer is unresponsive. ( The original developers were very helpful but those days are gone )
The android app has not been updated since July 2018 and the iOS app was updated so badly that many customers libraries were destroyed.

You cannot connect a new install to dropbox unless you have a Gmail account and use the connect via Google option
I tried using google drive instead. But the app failed to find a good, complete copy of my calibre library when added to my Google drive

There is an alternative app called calibre box, but that only connects to cloud copies , not directly to a calibre content server.
Calibre go, another app in play store , has also been abandoned by its developer and does not connect to Dropbox. Even worse , it lies and tells you your library is corrupt when in fact your cloud library is fine, it's the app that is broken.

I can't comment on one drive connectivity except to say don't expect any help or support from the current developer. The android product is now abandon ware. I have now given up asking here when, if android issues will be fixed as all queries to date have been ignored.

A final workaround, if you use moon reader, is that moon can directly browse your Dropbox and get books from a calibre library in dropbox,. But you have to navigate first to the author sub folder and then to the book. If you don't happen to know how calibre has named the author subfolder then you are out of luck

Last edited by stumped; 11-30-2019 at 02:24 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote