View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 08:29 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this issue.

Try the following:

1. Download the the official epubcheck-4.2.0.zip package from Github and unzip it.

2. Unzip the 0.1.6 epubcheck plugin.

3. Replace epubcheck.jar and the complete lib folder with the files from the official release.

4. Change the following entry in __init__.py:

from

Code:
    version = (0, 1, 6)
to:

Code:
    version = (0, 1, 7)
5. Zip up the 0.1.6 epubcheck plugin and manually install this version.

BTW, you don't need the new version, since it mostly added epub3-only checks.
I've found the problem. In a command window under Windows 10 64-bit...

The command java -jar epubcheck.jar "Star Trek_ Discovery_ Desperate - DAVID MACK.epub" does not work.

But, the command java -Xss512k -jar epubcheck.jar "Star Trek_ Discovery_ Desperate - DAVID MACK.epub" does work.

The problem is the stack size. I've switched to the 64-bt Java and now it works. So this problem is going to bite others who have a 32-bit Java installed. If you can fix the plugin to set the stack like was done on the command line, then those with a 32-bit Java won't have the same problem.

I've installed your ZIP and it's working. But with the 32-bit Java, it does not work. And I did install the latest 32-bit Java as I thought maybe the version of Java I was using was needing updating.

Anyway, I hope you can get this working for those using 32-bit Java.

Here is the thread about this issue on GitHub. https://github.com/w3c/epubcheck/issues/940

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-05-2019 at 08:35 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote