Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #118
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Good idea! I have it off.
Edit: I switched Reading Life on and did some dictionary look-ups. EventCount is now on 19. Still only one EventType 9. My assumption that a previous FW stopped registering dictionary look-ups after 10 proved wrong. So it seems, it was by chance that I switched Reading Life off after exactly 10 dictionary look-ups. Or does it count until 10 independent of the reading life setting? I am not going to check this now.
I just deleted the EventType=9 rows, changed the Achievement entry for the Award to 0% complete and turned of Reading Life. With that, when I did a few dictionary lookup, no EventType=9 rows were created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Probably we want to collect some statistics about dictionary lookup, so they can sort them by usage and date.
The data doesn't look right for that. They aren't storing the word that was looked up or the book. And the rows all have the same EventCount. While they can see when I looked up a word, I'm not sure how useful that is. As we have shown the extra rows are not always added, it seems to be a bug to add them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote